SUNDAY, 18TH DECEMBER 2016
MEMORY VERSE: “Wherefore come out from among them and be ye separate, saith the Lord and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.”- 2Corinthians 6:17
BIBLE PASSAGE: 2Corinthians 6:14-18
14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty
INTRODUCTION: Another word for ‘stand out’ is ‘be separate’. In 1John 2:15, we are told not to love the world. Ephesians 5:1-8 admonishes us to live as children of light. We must shine as light in a world filled with darkness as imitators and representative of God on earth.
- Stand Out as A Believer in Christ
- Why and How?
STAND OUT AS A BELIEVER IN CHRIST
Believers in Christ are to stand out from all forms of sin, worldly pleasure and be separate unto God. Basically, a believer must:
- Stand out from all forms of sin such as fornication, adultery, alcoholism, smoking, etc. (Galatians 5:19-21; Ephesians 4:22).
- Stand out from all works of darkness (Ephesians 5:8; 11).
- Stand out from heresies, false doctrines and their perpetrators (2John: 9-11; 1Timothy 6:5).
- Stand out from customs and traditions of men that contradict scriptures (Colossians 2:8).
- Never marry an unbeliever. It is forbidden (2Corinthians 6:12-17).
- Stand out from any relationship, association, business partnership or friendship in which Christ is not glorified or proclaimed.
WHY AND HOW?
To gain divine acceptance and approval as a son or daughter of God, every believer in Christ must stand out (2Corinthians 6:17-18). Hence, it is important to know how to really stand out. Here are some steps to take:
- Be sober, vigilant and prayerful (1Peter 5:8; Matthew 26:41).
- Abstain from all appearance of evil: evil communication and corrupt companies (1Thessalonians 5:22; 1Corinthians 15:33).
- Be a fruit producer: bear the fruit of the spirit and win souls (Matthew 12:33; Galatians 5:22-23).
- Examine and renew your mind daily (2Corinthians 13:5; Romans 12:2).
- Study and meditate on the word of God to know His plan and purpose for your life (2Timothy 2:15; Psalm 1:1-3; Joshua 1:8).
- Put your trust in God and not in mortals (Proverbs 3:5-6; Psalm 118:8).
If you stand out completely from sin and worldly amusement and separate unto God, you shall be transformed into the image of Jesus Christ (2Corinthians 3:18); the Lord shall receive you (2Corinthians 6:17) and you shall be a vessel unto honour fit for the master’s use (2Timothy 2:20-21).
- In what ways should a believer stand out?
- Why and how should a believer stand out?
Blessed week with The HOLY SPIRIT
- MONDAY: 1Peter 2:9 – In everything, stand out.
- TUESDAY: Ezekiel 11:20 – Walk in God’s statutes.
- WEDNESDAY: Colossians 2:8 – Stand for godly customs.
- THURSDAY: 1John 2:15 – Do not love the world.
- FRIDAY: 1Peter 1:24 – Do not please men but God.
- SATURDAY: John 15:4 – Abide in Him.
- SUNDAY: Ephesians 6:10 – Be strong.